5/22/13

Where I’ve been and where I’m going

I always have such good intentions to do it all. I’m going to give 120% at work, then come home and give a 120% to blogging/supporting friends/studying/being a good girlfriend, daughter, sister, etc., then find time to get my body back in pageant shape, volunteer, finish Bossy Pants (because the first two chapters were SO funny) And instead I come home from work, fall in bed and don’t move until the next day. I’m just drained. And it’s been a lot easier to just do that and veg then to get everything else done. So much going on, so much that I can’t talk about or don’t feel like it’s my place to talk about.

But I’ve been so blessed to have the people around me I do. Friends who take me out to take and eat my stresses away in the form of glittery red velvet cupcakes. A boyfriend who works his bum off 40+ hours a week during the summer, but is still taking the time to come over look at my tires/rescue my remote from behind some seriously heavy furniture. Parents who support me regardless and are raising me to be a well-functioning adult. A church family that always wraps me up in love (and seems to think I’m married with a child, but that’s a whole different story…) and an amazing department at school filled with professors who genuinely care about what’s going on in life.

I guess the whole point of this is that I’m back. It may not be frequent, but through all of this I’ve realized I can’t do it all on my own, and taking away the outlets I use for relaxation, not my best idea. Just like taking Zzzquil at 4am when I work at ten wasn’t a great idea. And how cutting eight inches off my hair impulsively may or may not have been a great idea. And how going out without checking to see if there was a tornado coming, then trying to get home before it hit my town wasn’t a great idea either.

No comments: