9/18/11

John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Color

 

Before:

I got a coupon yesterday for a free box of John Frieda Foam hair dye. I was kind of nervous about it, because it hasn’t gotten great reviews on line, but Cody swore to me if it looked bad, he’d pay for a new box of a different brand. I even let him pick the color.

We got Radiant Red in Deep Cherry Brown.

According to the box my hair should’ve looked just like the last hair swatch.

colors

I was so excited for a change.

When you open the box, this is what’s inside.

060

After you mix it up, it looks like liquid inside. I was confused, because it didn't look like foam, but once you squeeze the bottle foam comes out.

061

 

However, I wasn’t too impressed with the application. As you can see, only half a bottle came with my box. It took four or five applications to even get my hair semi-wet from dye. And it didn’t foam anywhere near as much as the pictures in the instructions show. I waited the thirty minutes, then showered it out and put on the conditioner.

 

After:

NO RED IS IN MY HAIR. If anything, it looks darker than before. I’m also annoyed because normally, no matter how many times I dye my hair black, there’s red showing through. Not this time, even though I dyed it red. I also noticed when I got out of the shower when I started drying my hair that more strands fell out that normal.

So, would I buy it again? Not at all. I wasn’t nearly as impressed with it as I have been with the other foam hair colors I’ve tried. The mixture wasn’t thick enough to saturate my hair, and I don’t see the point in paying $12 to make my hair look exactly the same. Red normally clings to my hair and I don’t have a hint of red right now, which is incredibly disappointed, since I wanted it dark red.

 

Not worth my time or energy.

No comments: