4/10/12

Thinkin’ and runnin’

Whoever is supposed to warn everyone that when you grow up, you lose all your free time. You failed. I have been rushing around like a chicken with my head cut off for the last week, and it’s about to get even more hectic. Which is in reality, okay. No free time means no unnecessary adventures to get me into trouble. Right?
But while I’ve been rushing around, I’ve had time to do lots of deep thinking. My best friend and I both tend to have long profound conversations over voxer while the other is driving somewhere for awhile. (Before I get a lecture on safe driving, it’s hooked up to my blue tooth. SO THERE)
Like about how I’m always so determined to be independent and do everything for myself. And that sometimes it’s okay to ask for help when I’m overwhelmed. It’s not giving up, or being weak. It’s knowing your limits.
And like how sometimes it’s better to bite your tongue, and other times it’s better to put yourself out there even if it means getting shut down. And you might not always know which time is which, but you have to trust yourself that you will on some level know what’s right for you.
How you should never apologize for chasing your dreams and accomplishing your goals, no matter how crazy they are.
And how sometimes it’s okay to be straight up frugal and penny pinching just because you’re tired of spending money on one more beauty service.
164671697843376285_11435243
Deep thoughts wear her out.
And, if anyone has super great work outs, send them my way. Cus I’m about to pull up last weeks Desperate Housewives and GCB until my muscles ache. Because sometimes, you just have too many deep thoughts and you need to outrun them.
Or you just want to creep on the lawn guys. Whatever floats your boat.

4 comments:

Courtney B said...

Someone told me when I was engaged that once I got married I would have more time on my hands than I'd know what to do with.... LIARS! I wish I could remember who told me that because I want to ask them whyyyyy they got my hopes up??

Alana Christine said...

Sorry I didn't give you the memo : ( lol
Things will settle down (for a little while).

Don't ever give up on your dreams!

Jules said...

life is non-stop crazy. we just have to enjoy every bit of it and make the most of life!

my favorite workouts:
-rock climbing (such a good way to relieve stress)
-running
-dancing to this Pump it Up workout video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwDVSFj4E90
(it's totally ridiculous and awesome)
-for the abs: http://video.about.com/running/Ab-Workouts-for-Runners.htm

enjoy :) things will get better.

Britt { Magpie Collective } said...

I love this!! I just found your blog and a pageant girl with a wicked sense of humor and is an excellent writer?? Also, GCB is seriously my newest favorite- I'm catching up on this last one as I type this actually.

So excited to have found your blog, and can't wait to follow along and catch up on all that I've missed!