9/13/11

I wish I looked like Miss Universe.

I’m writing this while I’m watching the Miss Universe pageant. Once a pageant girl, always a pageant girl.

So on that note. One of the deepest cores that my pageant experience has given me is to celebrate the little things.
Like getting an A on my first test AND an A on all my Spanish quizzes so far.
Like being so blessed to have a job that I love, and to have a job period.
cheetah
Being required to wear cute clothes helps too.
Like having parents who are still willing to support my education financially.
To get to meet such incredible people every single day from so many different backgrounds.
Like getting to cuddle with the sweetest cat every night, who never lets me out of her sight.
Like being able to hug my best friend/boyfriend every stinkin’ day.


Now, those nail shields.

I ordered them from an on-line website because I had a coupon and had been craving cheetah nails lately. So I was so excited to find they had nude cheetah and pink cheetah. Only they work horrible. Normally the online nail shields work similar. You heat them up, then apply them. You can put a clear coat of nail polish over for extra  hold. I was even more excited because these came with another tip-- add nail glue if you're an active user. So I heated them, applied them, then added some nail glue on the edges.

Guys, they lasted three hours. THREE HOURS OF ME DOING NOTHING BUT DRIVING MY CAR AND DOING AN ON-LINE QUIZ.

And then I gave them one last chance. Nail shields always last longer on my toes, just because I'm obviously not as active. So I tried two on my toes. They lasted through one three hour shift at work. Cool.

No comments: